Read that title again. That’s right Coconut Butternut Squash Soup – not for the faint of heart. These incredible flavors combine to bring you a soup to warm you up during these brisk months. Big thanks to Dennis Horton, chef for Whole Foods, who came up with this recipe. It’s also vegan, paleo and gluten free.
- 2 Jars Full Circle Farms Butternut Squash Puree
- 2 cups 365 Vegetable Stock – low sodium
- 3 TBL 365 Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 TBL Raw Coconut Vinegar
- 1 TBL 365 Grade A Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp Smoked Maldon Sea Salt
Garnish Each Bowl with:
- 1 TBL Diced Winesap Heirloom Apple
- 1 TBL Fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 pinch Light chili powder or Korean chili powder
- 1 TBL Toasted sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1 pinch Fine chopped chives
- 1 pinch Smoked Maldon Sea Salt
- Add MMLocal Butternut Squash Puree, vegetable stock, coconut oil, coconut vinegar, maple syrup and 2 tsp of smoked sea salt into a 2 quart sauce pan.
- Whisk together over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Divide soup into 4 bowls and garnish with apple, pomegranate seeds, chili powder, pumpkin seeds, chives and a pinch of smoked sea salt.